About Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills, Michigan is a community in a suburb of Detroit and is considered a village. It is located in Southfield Township, Oakland County. The village is made up of 4.02 square miles. A portion of the area consists of Rogue River
The median income for a household in Beverly Hills, MI is approximately $90,341, and the median family income is $102,223.
Beverly Hills Homes
Beverly Hills Neighborhoods and Subdivisions
- Legacy Hills – This is a 17-homesite subdivision in nearby Bloomfield Hills, MI. It features customizable ranch homes or story-and-a-half homes. They offer an open floor plan with high-end amenities, such s Caesarstone quartz countertops, Bliss freestanding soaking tubs, hand-scraped solid-oak floors, Thermador appliances, Kitchen Craft maple cabinets, and Brizo faucets.
- Normandy Village – This subdivision offers 2 story single-family homes with 2-car garages. Homes have 3-5 bedrooms and are colonial style homes.
- Deneweth Farms – Located in nearby Macomb, Deneweth Farms is the perfect community for active families, and entertaining close relatives and friends. It is located in the Utica Community School District, which has received high ratings.
- Windemere Farms II – This community is made up of loft and ranch condominiums. They offer 2 and 3 bedroom condos with high cathedral ceilings, convenience kitchens, first-floor laundries, formal dining, and living rooms, with cozy fireplaces. They also come with 2-car garages and a full basement. There are tons of recreational activities nearby, such as fishing, boating, swimming, and golfing.
- Nankin Mills – This neighborhood, in nearby Westland, MI is perfect for anyone with a growing family. It is in a convenient location, has great schools, and has affordable home options.
Beverly Hills History
What was previously known as Westwood in 1958 eventually became known as Beverly Hills a year later in 1959. At this time it was incorporated as a village to establish an official government for the area. The reason it was initially called Westwood was that it was west of Woodward Avenue.
Beverly Hills Real Estate
The median home value in Beverly Hills is $398,600. These home values have increased over the past year by 1.7% and are predicted to increase even further by 0.3%. The median price of homes in Beverly Hills is $429,000 and the median price of the homes that sold is $383,100.
Beverly Hills Schools
Birmingham Public School District serves the Beverly Hills community. Some of the public schools for Beverly Hills residents:
There is also a private prep school and a middle school located in Beverly Hills, MI. The French School of Detroit offers classes at Berkshire Middle School and high school classes are held at Grove High School. French School of Detroit elementary student classes are held at Beverly Elementary School.
Median Home Price
Median 1-Bedroom Rent
Estimated Price Increase Next Year
Beverly Hills Parks and Recreation
Beverly Park located in Beverly Hills, MI is a 34-acre park. There are various recreational opportunities to engage in within the park. It has a sled hill and an ice skating rink, basketball courts, sand volleyball, two baseball fields, two tennis courts, a disc golf course, a sizeable playground, a biking and hiking trail along a natural wooded pathway.
Most unusual in a park is an area where you’ll find children’s books. At Beverly Park, there is a Little Free Library. It is a box with books where books can be taken and returned after they have been read.
Riverside Park is another nearby park and is a half-acre at Riverside Drive. It is a park with a picnic area with a table and a grill. There is direct access to the mill pond where visitors are allowed to fish and utilize the picnic facility.
The Beverly Hills area also has two nature preserves. They provide green space for the community. Douglas Evans Nature Preserve is one of them. It is an 18-acre park, which is deeded to stay in its natural state. Access to the preserve is limited, however, it can be used for nature walks and educational purposes. Dogs are allowed but are not allowed to roam without a leash. This property was donated to the village in the early 1970s with certain restrictions that prohibited developing the area. However, there was eventually an exception in 1992. This was when the Combined Sewer Overflow tank and control Building was built.
Hidden Rivers Nature Preserve is the other nature preserve in Beverly Hills. It sits on a 15-acre plot of land and is also restricted by deed to remain in its natural state. The nature preserve is surrounded by the Rogue River with a private golf course on the northern edge of the preserve. There are plenty of wildlife and plants within this preserve.
Beverly Hills Restaurants, Bars, and Shopping
Nearby favorite Breakfast & Brunch dining option include:
Toast – This restaurant offers all of your favorite breakfast options, pancakes, French toast, and hash. They even offer gluten-free and vegetarian food options.
Favorite Unique dining option:
Afternoon Tea at The Townsend – If you have never traveled to England and experienced a High Tea then now is your chance to see what all the hype is about. You’ll experience an authentic afternoon tea complete with scones and small finger sandwiches.
Favorite Comfort Food dining option:
Red Coat Tavern – If you’re seeking comfort food, such as a good burger and fries, then this is the best place to visit. Red Coat Tavern is known for its amazing burgers and laid-back atmosphere.
Beverly Hills Points of Interest
- Beverly Park – The park is ideal for parties, as there are facilities suitable for various types of parties. The park also has a playground, tennis courts, baseball diamonds, walking trails, and the perfect hill for snowboarding and sledding. There is even a disc golf course located at the park.
- Beverly Hills Athletic Club – This club is open during the summer for swimming and tennis.
- Beverly Hills Club – Indoor tennis and a fitness club are housed at the Beverly Hills Club.
- Woodside Athletic Club – Here is another facility where summer swimming and tennis are available to the residents of Beverly Hills.
- Robert Kidd Gallery – This art gallery was established in 1976 and housed the art of local artists Robert Louis Kidd and Ray Frost in downtown Birmingham, MI.