About Rochester Hills
Rochester Hills is a suburb of Detroit with a population well over 70,000. It is considered one of the best places to live. Most of the residents in Rochester Hills home their homes. The neighborhood is made up of young professionals and families. There are plenty of parks, restaurants, and shops in the area, which makes it the perfect place for anyone to live.
The average household income in Rochester Hills is $39,394 annually. Which is more than the U.S average of $28,555 a year. The median household income is $80,806 a year in the Rochester Hills area.
Rochester Hills Homes
Rochester Hills Neighborhoods and Subdivisions
The Rochester Hills community was originally known as Avon Township when Michigan was admitted as a State in 1837, you can see this name origin throughout the community. There is Avon Road and at least 24 subdivisions with Avon in the name such as Avon Heights, Avon Meadows near Brewster and Tienken, Avon Manor at Auburn and John R., and Avoncrofts at Auburn and Rochester Rd. Other subdivisions:
- Stony Creek Ridge – There are actually two subdivisions within the Stony Creek Ridge community, The Meadows and The Ravines. The Meadows is a beautifully streetscape subdivision with custom built, quality homes. The Ravines is made up of larger estate homes, surrounded by the lush woodlands, offering a peaceful surrounding.
- Rochester Estates – This community has pre-owned and new homes. The neighborhood offers a ton of amenities, such as a central clubhouse, Rochester Community Schools, heated swimming pool, fitness center, billiards, picnic area with grills, basketball court, baseball diamond, heated swimming pool, and is a pet-friendly community.
- Hidden Hills – Hidden Hills is a condominium community that is only a short distance to Campus Corners Shopping Center. Just across from the shopping center is the Rochester Hills Plaza Shopping Center. Just a short mile away is the Great Oaks Country Club where the golf course has an 18-hole championship golf course.
Rochester Hills History
The first settlers in the Rochester Hills area were Native Americans. They lived in the area until 1807 when the government forced them to cede their land. The first European settler to the area, James Graham, arrived in 1817. Rochester was incorporated as a village in 1869. In 1966 the village became the City of Rochester. Avon was a part of the original village but in November 1984 Avon Township became the City of Rochester Hills.
Rochester Hills Real Estate
Median home value in Rochester Hills is approximately $326,000. Home values in the area have risen to 3.9% since the previous year. They are predicated to increase by 2.5% in the next year. Median home prices in Rochester Hills are $156 per square foot. This is higher than the Detroit-Warrant-Dearborn Metro average.
The median price of homes in Rochester Hills is currently $365,000. The median rental rate is $1,800, which makes it more than the Detroit-Warren-Dearborn Metro area.
Rochester Hills Schools
Rochester Hills is serviced by the Rochester Community Schools:
- Rochester Adams High School
- Rochester High School
- Stoney Creek High School
- Oakland University (offers college and graduate programs for multiple disciplines)
Some areas of Rochester Hills are serviced by the Avondale School District.
Median Home Price
Median 1-Bedroom Rent
Estimated Price Increase Next Year
Rochester Parks and Recreation
There are plenty of parks in and around the Rochester Hills area, which includes:
- Spencer Park – There are activities all-year-round at Spencer Park. It has a swimming beach, ice skating, fishing, boating, and picnic areas.
- Bloomer Park – There is plenty to do at this park with it’s biking, sledding hill, velodrome, and skiing trails.
- Borden Park – This park is best known for the many sports facilities, which include roller hockey rinks, batting cages, soccer fields, tennis, baseball, and basketball court.
Rochester Hills Bars, Shopping, and Restaurants
Shopping in Rochester Hills, Michigan is offered at several facilities, including the following:
Village of Rochester Hills – This is an upscale shopping center in the suburb of Rochester Hills that was built in 2002.
If you are looking for some place to dine in Rochester then check out these popular spots:
- Bad Brads BBQ – Enjoy some authentic BBQ from a local eatery in Rochester Hills at Bad Brads BBQ. They offer great BBQ at reasonable prices.
- Mitchell’s Fish Market – If you’re craving fresh seafood then you’ll want to visit Mitchell’s Fish Market. This is an upscale restaurant that is the ideal place for celebrating a special occasion with friends and family.
- Rochester Diner & Grill – Here is where you’ll find local, cheap food. It is a great place for breakfast, lunch or dinner in Rochester Hills. With such reasonable pricing, you can bring the entire family.
Rochester Hills Points of Interest
Here are some of the more popular spots in Rochester Hills to take the family:
- Yates Cider Mill – This mill produces cider. It is a family-owned business that dates back to the 1800s and is one of the oldest running businesses in Rochester Hills.
- Rochester Hills Museum at Van Hoosen Farm – The museum explains how the community of Rochester Hills came into existence and formed the current community. The museum strives to preserve the history of the area through the efforts of the museum.
- Pine Trace Golf Club – On 193 acres of wooded green space sits the Pine Trace Golf Club. It is a golf course with 18 holes and is an Arthur Hills designed course.
- Paint Creek Trail – This trail is 8.9 mile, linear park that offers biking and walking trails. The trail is very popular so it can get rather crowded at times. However, this is definitely a great trail to explore whether by bike or by foot.
- Meadow Brook Theater – If you can’t go to see what you would like on Broadway then make your way to the Meadow Brook Theater, where Broadway comes to Rochester Hills.